For 1 loaf pan
- 80 g unsalted, pealed pistachios
- 220 g wheat flour
- 2 organic lemons
- 180 g sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 70 ml neutral oil (e.g. canola- oder sunflower oil)
- 125 ml (tap) water
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
15 min preparation time
120 min waiting time
1. Preheat the oven to 160° top and bottom heat.
2. Roughly chop 1-2 tablespoons of the pistachios and set aside for decorating the cake. Finely ground the rest of the pistachios in a food processor.
3. Mix the wheat flour with the salt, baking powder, sugar, ground pistachios and the zest of 2 lemons.
4. Then mix the oil with water and 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
5. Now carefully mix the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients using a dough spatula, spoon or whisk. When a homogeneous dough is formed, pour into a loaf pan lined with baking paper and bake at 160 ° top and bottom heat for about 50 minutes. You can check whether the cake is cooked by testing it with a chopstick. When the cake is done, let it cool completely and only then remove it from the cake pan (otherwise it will fall apart).
6. For the glaze, mix 100 g powdered sugar with 5 tbsp lemon juice and pour over the cold cake. Sprinkle directly with the roughly chopped pistachios. Let cool again for about 30 minutes and enjoy.