For 2 people
- 1 can of kidney beans (400 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sunflower- or canola oil (if you have good olive oil you can also take 1 more tbsp of it instead of sunflower- or canola oil)
- 1 ½ tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 glove of garlic
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
Best side dishes
- The hummus tastes best with a light bread, such as pita or flatbread. Even if here probably some people might be disgusted: Raw red onion rings and pickles taste great with the hummus. The acidity and spiciness balance perfectly with the creaminess of the hummus. Also delicious with cucumbers, tomatoes or olives.
10 min preparation time
- Drain the chickpeas and their water in a sieve and rinse with water. Place the chickpeas in a bowl (if you are using a hand blender) or directly in a blender.
- Add 80 ml water and the remaining ingredients. Blend everything until the hummus is nice and creamy. If it becomes too thick, add either more oil or water.