Thaicurry with marinated Tofu
For 3-4 people
For the curry
- 1 small brokkoli
- 1 paprika or 5 champignons
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 tbsp oil (sesame-, canola, sunflower- or coconut-oil)
- optional: 2 tbsp tamarind
For the tofu
- 200 g tofu
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger (about 3 cm)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil (with sesame oil you get the umami flavour! Canola-, sunflower or coconut-oil also taste good)
- For red curry, you can simply replace the yellow curry paste with red curry paste and sauté the vegetables with a few kafir lime leaves. Remove them from the curry just before serving. Just before serving, add the juice of 1-2 limes to the curry, this will make the taste even fresher. For the tofu marinade, you can replace 1 tablespoon of soy sauce with the juice of half a lime and add chopped lemongrass.
45 min preparation time
- Place a piece of kitchen paper on a plate. Remove the tofu from the package and place it on the paper. Place another piece of kitchen paper on top of the tofu and weigh it down with a large pot for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can prepare the marinade for the tofu and cut the vegetables for the curry. Peel and finely chop the garlic clove and the ginger. Mix both with 3 tablespoons of soy sauce in a glass and set aside.
- Wash the vegetables. Cut the carrots into thin stripes, break the broccoli into small pieces and cut the remaining vegetables into thin slices.
- Cut the tofu in half once on the long side and cut both pieces in half again. By cutting each piece in half again, you will get nice triangles. Sauté the tofu in oil over medium-high heat in a well-coated skillet until everything is nicely browned. Then turn down the heat and deglaze the tofu with the marinade. Remove everything from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Sauté the cut vegetables in 1 tablespoon of oil with the curry paste for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk to the vegetables. Fill the empty can of coconut milk with water and add to the pan. Stir everything well and simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked. Optionally, add 2 tablespoons of tamarind.